Saturday 19 March 2011

Poetry people

Hey guys, with deadlines approaching quite rapidly, I've found myself really struggling to get any inspiration for poems. I asked Nigel and one of his suggestions was to find a poem and write a response to it. This was such a brilliant idea. I wrote a 24 line poem in about 20 minutes in response to an Adam O'Riordan poem and I'm working on something inspired by Seamus Heaney. Even if you don't write a direct response, just lines and themese of your favourite poems can be a really great way to get something going if you're really stuck.

So if anyone else is panicking about poetry like I was, try this technique. It's brilliant.

Also, while I'm here, Anna mentioned a site to help you get the writing flow going. This is for everyone; not just poetry people.

http://writeordie.com/

Scroll down to the 'Write or Die online' feature and give it a go.

Hoping to see everyone at the next meeting, which is Tuesday 22nd March.

Emma

x

No comments:

Post a Comment